Reading is a healthy habit, which not only improve your mental faculty but helps you in many other ways in your day-to-day life. Some feels that reading helps them score well academically and to get higher marks in exams., some gets a habit to read to help keep them busy and entertain themselves. While, for some it is therapeutically soothing as it helps their mental faculty strong and prevent disease like Alzheimer.
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light.
Reading is one of the most fundamental skills a child needs to learn to succeed in life. Developing good reading habits is vital to your child’s future not just academically, but in everyday life as well. What can good reading habits do for your child’s development?
Here are five good reasons you should develop reading habits:
- Good reading habits prepare students excel academically: Students who spend a lot of time reading, prior to attending school or colleges will surely have an easier time adapting to the reading-focused learning environment in their classrooms.
- Reading develops vocabulary: The more you read, the more new words will find their way into your vocabulary. Reading good books exposes you to words and phrases that you might not use as part of normal speech. If you remain sensitive and alert, it would surely expand your vocabulary and expand your horizon as how to use these new words into sentences, while you talk or debate as well as use these in your next essay or article.
- Reading increases attention span: Encouraging good reading habits from an early age develops your child’s attention span and allows them to focus better and for longer periods of time. Reading combats the epidemic of poor attention span in today’s children.
- Reading develops your thirst for knowledge: Good reading habits enable one to learn more about the world around them, appreciate the beauty and secrets of nature, find scientific and logical explanations to your doubts. It helps you develop an interest in other cultures and society. Reading leads to asking questions, and seeking answers, which means you learn more every day.
- Developing reading habits early leads to a lifelong love of books: Those who start reading regularly from an early age are more likely to enjoy reading later in life. This not only help them well throughout their education and career but beyond to develop their personality and intellect to a greater level.
Develop good reading habits and motivate your loved ones to read regularly by:
- Gifting books of their interest, be it a comic, fiction, spiritual, cookery or a yoga book
- Ensure that they finish one book at least in a month
- Encourage them to speak a few words about what they have read and learnt new recently
- Encourage them to gift the book to someone unfortunate who cannot afford to buy these. This would spread the reading worm.
“Read what you find interesting, and then follow your interests. You’ll find that in doing so you always generate enough to illuminate the next step.”
― Mark Helprin
Buying books has become so convenient these days with online webstores, which offers so many choices and great discounts. You do not have to navigate your way to a book store, share the burden of parking your vehicle half-a-mile away, choose among the limited variety of books and compromise with your choices. Simply log on to booknest.in and start exploring your world of happiness.